North Carolina suspect found, back in custody.

The 13-year-old boy accused in a double murder in Robeson County, who escaped custody on Tuesday, has been found and is back in custody.

WRAL’s Bryan Mims reports Jericho Werrell was with his mother, Nikki Jacobs, Wednesday night. She said at the time she was driving him to be turned in to authorities.

The NC Department of Public Service confirmed to WRAL’s Mark Boyle that Werrell was in custody in Lumberton. He was transferred by federal marshals Wednesday night to the Cumberland Regional Juvenile Detention Center in Fayetteville.

Werrell’s uncle, Wayne Lambert, told Mims that Werrell walked and followed the railroad tracks after he escaped. He showed up at Lambert’s house at about dark Wednesday. He let Werrell take a shower and get cleaned up before calling the marshals.

READ  Government Hints At Mid-Season Roster Modifications

Lambert also said Jericho had removed the shackles from his legs and had spent the night in the woods. He said he had just been out walking around in the woods.

“I just thank God that he come home to me and I was the one that could put my hands on him before the officials did or anybody else would hurt this child, because he’s not a very bad kid,” Lambert said in an exclusive interview with WRAL’s Julian Grace. “He’s a respectful child.

READ  Abhilash Tomy: Rescue mission to succeed in injured Indian sailor

“When I seen him, I said ‘baby you know what we got to do.’ He said ‘daddy I don’t want to go back.’ I said ‘I know you don’t baby and daddy don’t want to take you back, but you’re going to have to go.’ I said ‘do you understand me?’ He said ‘yes sir.’

“He said ‘daddy, all I want you to do is feed me and let me take a shower,’ and that’s what I did for him.”

Mims reports Jacobs told him her son went to his grandmother’s old home, which is abandoned, after he escaped. She said he spent Tuesday night and all day Wednesday there. She also said Werrell then found a bicycle somewhere in Pembroke and rode to his uncle’s home at around dark. She said Werrell told her he waited until dark to come out of his grandmother’s home before eventually arriving at his uncle’s home.

READ  EA Sports fan noise: Game with Premier League and La Liga

The 13-year-old, who was scheduled to appear in court for two counts of first-degree murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon charges, escaped around noon Tuesday, according to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office. He was in the custody of the NC Department of Public Safety Transport Team at the time.

Werrell and Derrick Deshawn Hunt were charged last October with killing two brothers, Frank and Adam Thomas.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here